Wednesday, September 06, 2006

My Brain Hurts

So I've started this new job and it's been a few weeks now and by my estimation I should be getting with the program pretty well now. Except I'm not. Because there are a million different little nuances to this job and just when you think you've got it down there is something else to screw up on. And I am not exaggerating when I say a million little things. My supervisor told me I am doing a good job and that it takes several months to barely learn the job. So that is why my brain hurts. But it is a good "no pain no gain" kind of hurt. I had been kind of concerned that my brain was turning to mush because I wasn't working. No worries about that now.
Leo started Middle School yesterday, it is quite the adjustment from elementary school and requires quite a bit more in the thinking department as well. He comes home from school starving and exhausted, he eats and falls asleep on the couch. I totally relate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey-we miss you guys!!! How's my little Leo? I love going on here every so often and reading what's happening with the Mellingers. I miss our chats, Karla. Come and visit soon. You can stay with me.

XOXO Lisa