Saturday, September 16, 2006

The Fair


Oh Yeah!



Thursday night we went to the Spokane County Interstate Fair. I was anxious to see how it was in relation to the Monterey County Fair, which is the fair I have attended almost every year of my life. Was it bigger, smaller, what? Well, I'm happy to say that I really liked it! It is laid out differently than Monterey's fair so it's hard to say size-wise if it's larger or not. But there is a lot more stuff to see. More crafts, quilts, art, animals, and the biggest corn dogs I have ever seen! I was very happy to see that the Quilters Guild had a quilt raffle because I always entered the one in Monterey, maybe this year will be my year to win. But the highlight for me every year is the chickens. I do not know why I am so drawn to the chickens, other than the fact that they are the coolest looking things ever. Max even got a chicken to say Spoko Mojo, who says chickens are dumb? Anyway, this fair has about 10 times more chickeny greatness than my old fair. We also saw really cool goats, sheep, llamas, and giant rabbits. I could kick myself for not bringing my camera! And since there is a lot of farm country surrounding Spokane, there were lots of tractors and other farm equipment on display. Farmers are lucky that they get to drive those things. And then as we were leaving we passed a stage that was having a karaoke contest and the guy up there was doing "Lose Yourself" by Eminem. We gave him credit for having the balls to go up there, and that's all I can say about that.
So I guess what I'm trying to say is that this fair is a suitable replacement for my old fair, better in many ways, but if I had to choose one it would be Monterey because Tower of Power plays there every year.

No comments: