Thursday, April 20, 2006

Cramming 44 years of memories into a blog

It has been suggested to me by more than one of my friends (that used to live here but now don't) that I should be taking lots of pictures of here because it is so beautiful, etc. I think that is a good idea and so I will be starting a sporadic series of not just pictures of the Monterey Peninsula but pictures that either have relevance to my life today, or that can be connected with a story or memory I have. To start things off, here is a picture that is neither relevant or has a story, but it is a very famous touristy place that I never go to.



The Lone Cypress is in Pebble Beach, a gated community that if I, a lifetime resident of here, want to get in to, I have to pay $8.50 like the rest of the tourists or on a Saturday I could lie and say I'm going to a yard sale so the guard will wave me through. I never go to Pebble Beach. It's for tourists, rich people and golfers, and I am none of those things. I never go to Carmel either. Not even to the beach.


Look for future posts with pictures of stuff that I am actually going to miss. One thing I will really miss is the Feast of Lanterns. It's hard to explain what it is, it's a hokey little pageant that takes place in Pacific Grove in July, but I love it.
P.S. I just went to the Feast of Lanterns website, they have a photo album, and Leo and I are in the background of one of the pictures, how funny!

2 comments:

Paul said...

Nice photo from Pebble Beach!

Karla said...

not mine, I got it off the internet! thanks to whoever took it