Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Cleaning Out My Mind

1) We went to see our first Spokane Indians game on Sunday Night. It was great fun, even if the Indians lost. The only thing was that there was this woman about 2 rows behind us who was loud and had a comment at EVERY pitch and also sang loudly and badly to every little song snippet between pitches. We got to hear If You're Happy And You Know It TWICE!! I was not happy, and I knew it! Thank God she moved in the middle of the 2nd inning. Anyway, you can get good seats cheap and spend a warm summer evening outside watching a game. Unlike this weekend, when...

2) We will be going to Seattle to see a Mariners game. Seats were not cheap, they are halfway into the clouds, and I'm not so sure about the warm summer evenings over there. But as long as that singing lady is not sitting behind us, we should have a good time. For me, the best part of the trip will be getting to go to IKEA and Trader Joes! I'm so excited!! WOO HOO!! (that was me being excited). The only bad thing about this trip is the timing, because...

3) Our cat Grace can't move her back leg! She is at the vet now, and it looks as though there is a blood clot blocking circulation to her left hind leg. If the clot doesn't pass, she may have to get her leg amputated! We will know more as time passes, meanwhile Steve and Sara have generously offered to stay here and take care of her while we are gone if she comes home by then. I am so grateful for that! It is so good to have old and faithful friends up here, glad they decided to make the move with us.

4) OK I think that's it. Will keep you posted on Grace. If you are the praying type, say a little prayer for my big kitty, and for the boy who loves her so.

2 comments:

Faythe said...

Awww. Poor Grace! I hope she gets better and doesn't have to have her leg amputated. I'll be thinking good thoughts for her.

Sara Habein said...

Poor kitty! I hope everything works out!

(Do you think it would be extra good vibes if I hugged my Grace and pet one of my cats at the same time?)