Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I'm In Love With A Parking Lot!

I really have never given much thought to parking lots in general, but tonight I realized that I love one particular parking garage here in Spokane. It's the one underneath River Park Square. I love it because it plays Muzak. Not just any Muzak, but Muzak from the 60's! Everytime I go down there I get super happy and calm like a Stepford Wife. I roll down all my windows as I'm looking for a place to park, and I drive really slowly with a big stupid grin on my face. Then when I get out of my car I spin around to the orchestrated music like Mary Tyler Moore but without the hat throwing part. At $1.00 for 30 minutes, it's way cheaper than therapy and a lot more fun. I think I might just go down there one of these days and park and just roll my windows down and knit. YEAH!!

OH YEAH--
The best part was when we were leaving the parking lot and all these people were down there and it was like they didn't notice or care about the Muzak so I said to my kids "Nobody is appreciating the music" and Max says "That's because they're SANE!!" I loved that.

No comments: