Sunday, August 19, 2007

New Places

I went to some places in Spokane this week that I had never been to but had been wanting to go to for a while. First, my friend Jennifer and I went out to dinner at Mizuna. I never went there with my kids because not only would the bill be enormous, but I would have to take the boys somewhere else for real food right after. Teenage boys just don't fill up on four green beans arranged in a fan shape next to four scallops and a brownie-size serving of polenta. For me though, it was great! I'm glad I got to experience it.
The other place I went to last night was the Garland Theater. Max and I went to see "Knocked Up". It was raunchy and funny and touching all at the same time, my kind of movie! And it was only $3.50 to get in. I don't know why I had never gone until now, my kids have been there plenty of times. It's a good bargain.

1 comment:

Sara Habein said...

I am a little sad about the Garland going up $1 per ticket though. True, it's still very cheap, but Grace and I used to be able to go and have popcorn and I'd have a soda for around $10. Still, it's much better than a regular ticket price, which I've paid for her!

When I went to Mizuna, I ordered the trout and between that and splitting an appetizer, I was stuffed! I need to go back and have dessert there.