Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A Happy Rut

Let me start at the beginning, wherever that is. I have a lot of CD's. When I lived in CA they used to be in a 200 disc changer that was hooked up to my home theater, which was awesome! Then I moved and I realized that all my stereo stuff doesn't fit upstairs where I live, so now it's all downstairs in Max's domain. Now if I want to listen to a CD I have to play it on my DVD player through my TV speakers. (there were a lot of initials in that last sentence, I sound so technical!) But I'm afraid of cranking it and blowing out my TV speakers so I don't usually do that. And I have been missing my CD's for a year now. I have been on crutchfield.com trying to figure out a way I can get music upstairs without breaking the bank. Because I would like to get XM in the house as well. It's already in my car and I cannot imagine life without it at this point. But things are not looking good, meaning I am having a hard time justifying a purchase right now. So I did what any desperate person missing their CD's would do. I got out my boombox! So for the last few days I have been sitting on the deck in the evenings knitting and revisiting my music collection. So far I have listened to Computer World by Kraftwerk, Days of Future Passed by the Moody Blues, and tonight's selection was Apocalyptica Plays Metallica by Four Cellos. Which is exactly what it is. Metallica played by Four Cellos. One of the best CD's around, go buy it, you will like it even if you don't like Metallica, trust me!
So anyway, I have been in a happy rut with the music and the knitting. 6 more days till the boys come home! Again, not that I'm counting (I am).

No comments: