Saturday, December 02, 2006

Have Yourself A Tacky Little Christmas

Let me explain.

In October of last year we went to Disneyland. They had already decorated New Orleans Square up for the holidays. It looked like this:



I was awestruck and vowed to try something like that at home. So I bought shiny beaded garland and shiny ornaments and strung them between my kitchen and family room. It turned out great! Sorry no picture. Then we moved, and I had nowhere to hang those things anymore. Then it hit me. Wouldn't those shiny plasticky ormanents look fabulous on a fake white tree? Decide for yourself.



Dolly approves!
Here is a pic with no flash for the full lit effect.



My favorite angle to look at this tree is with the window next to it, you can see the snow outside, it looks great!



Now I understand what all those Christmas songs mean, like "Winter Wonderland" and "Let It Snow" and "White Christmas". I finally get it!

Note to my family: I will be posting more pictures of the house once I get the tree up. Love to you all!

2 comments:

Jojo said...

Your white christmas tree looks great! Of course, if Dolly approves, that's the only opinion that really counts. Cats rule!!

(I was too lazy to log in as myself, so I let Jojo leave the comment for me)

Anonymous said...

Hi Karla, I hope lots of people are enjoying your blog, It cracks me up. I love the tree TACKY but Oh So YOU! Thanks for making me laugh before hitting the sack! Your sister!