Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Small Stuff

1) I really enjoy the fact that I can be in another state in about 30 minutes if I feel like it. Where I used to live it was a 9 hour drive to the Oregon border and a 9 hour drive to the Mexican border. And you couldn't go straight east, you had to go north or south first if you wanted to go east(not counting Salinas). And I think it's really cool to have Interstate 90 running through my town. I can get on the freeway in 2 minutes and take it all the way to Boston if I want. (You know I will one day.) Oh how I love options!

2) This week shall go down in our family history as the week we bought winter clothes for the first time ever! Before this month is over we will also be buying snow tires. Snow Tires!! I can hardly believe it myself.

3) The trees in my neighborhood are really beautiful right now. All the yellows, oranges and reds, it's amazing. Tomorrow after work I'm going to take a walk and crunch through the leaves.

4 comments:

Kim said...

So NOT fair. Low today in Houston, 68. High 88. Humidity, only about 1000%.

I was thinking of going out shopping ofr winter clothes too but refuse to try on bathing suits in OCtober...hmmm, maybe Washington someday.

Kim

Faythe said...

The best part about having winter is that you get to actually USE the knitted/crocheted items you make! I'm loving that I get to wear all my scarves and hats and soon to be sweater.

Jennifer said...

I LOVE leaf crunching walks!

Anonymous said...

Boston, oh Boston. "Let's go to Hahvard and beat up some smaht kids." And I like the fact that I don't have to go anywhere and I could die in a tornado, die in a hurricane or die from heat exhaustion. It just doesn't get any better than this.