Friday, February 29, 2008

Leap Day


Did you know that it is a folk tradition that Leap Day is the only day that a woman may propose marriage to a man? Only one day out of 1460! Well, I didn't want to miss my chance, so I proposed to my co-worker Billy. I felt fairly certain that I would not end up married because Billy is gay. But he laughingly accepted my proposal, and spent the day referring to me as his fiancee. We discussed china patterns (he has much better taste than I do) and talked about the flowers we would plant in the spring. Then right before the end of the day he came up to my desk and told me that he didn't think it was going to work out because he had met a guy. I told him that I too had a feeling it was not going to work out, what with him being gay and all. We parted as friends and said that no matter what, we'll always have Leap Day.

Hope your Leap Day was a good one!

No comments: