Saturday, November 18, 2006

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things

When I was growing up my mom used to have a waffle iron that the plates flipped over to a flat griddle so it could make either waffles or grilled sandwiches. It was cool and I always wished I could have one. I have been looking at waffle irons and none of the ones I saw had flip overable plates. Until last Sunday. Ladies and Gentlwmen, I present the George Foreman G5 Next Grilleration Grill with 5 Removable Plates!

In the six days we have owned it, we have made hamburgers, waffles, chicken breasts (frozen to done in 15 minutes!), and steak. Tomorrow there will be more waffles and possibly omlettes. We love it! The only thing is that I get the Star Trek reference mixed up with The Terminator so I keep calling it the Grillinator instead of the Next Grilleration. Maybe I should just start calling it the G5.

SOME OTHER THINGS I HAVE TO SAY--

1) I think that is it a crying shame that they don't show Bugs Bunny cartoons on Saturday mornings anymore. So I decided that since I have several DVD's full of them that I would just run them myself on Saturday mornings. I am changing the world one house at a time!

2) If you live in Spokane and like Christmas, you should go to Mel's Nursery on Division up north by Mr. Wendle's at the Y. Faythe and I went today, they have a huge area of really cool decorated christmas trees, it's like Beautiful Happy Christmas Tree Land in there. Amazing. And if you live in Monterey, you should go to Brinton's at the mouth of Carmel Valley. Same thing as Mel's.

3) Plans are firming up for my Thanksgiving weekend visit to Monterey to include an evening at the Golden State Theatre for The Sound of Music Sing-Along!! Woohoo!! I can't wait, I have been singing How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria for a week.

How DO you catch a cloud and pin it down?


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I had to come check out your grill after hearing about it last night. It looks awesome!

Cathy said...

I LOVE Mels. Just went there a few weeks ago. There was a bird stuck in the white room though, and the employees were all freaking out that it might make a mess. I figured, since it was in the white room, no one would notice...!