Sunday, March 26, 2006

What Are They Trying To Tell Me??

OK so I'm looking at my mail from yesterday and there is a big packet, obviously from a magazine since the tagline was 2 YEARS FREE!! I figured it was from Better Homes and Gardens or Sunset, or maybe some new decorating mag. NO. I take off the cover sheet and there in full color is the cover of FAMILY CIRCLE magazine. Now, I know that not everyone has the same associations with that mag as I do, but here are mine:
--old ladies read it
--boring housewives read it
--my sister reads it, and even though she is neither old or boring, it's her type of magazine
--when I was young, everybody's mom read it, along with Woman's Day magazine. Those two are like Awake and The Watchtower, can't have one without the other!

I am afraid I have entered a demographic unknowlingly and against my will. What's next, Readers Digest? Although I must admit, I have always liked Readers Digest and I particularly enjoyed the large print edition I read in the ER the other day. But that's because I don't have my bifocals yet. AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!



I don't think there is even one possibility for my life just waiting to happen in the Family Circle. Wait a minute, is that a Red Velvet Cake recipe? AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!

No comments: