Thursday, March 09, 2006

Trepidation Abounds

OK so it's Thursday night and in 32 hours Leo and I are going to drive *a truck that is unfamiliar to me, *with manual transmission and *no four wheel drive, *loaded down with stuff, *over the mountains *in the snow, to Spokane.

* = everything I am worried about.

It's like having a baby. I just want the baby, not all the pain and stuff that goes along with giving birth.
I just want to get to Spokane and not slide off a mountain trying to get there.

It should be noted that I have never driven in the snow. Yes, NEVER. Hey, I live in Monterey. That's why our houses are so darn expensive, it's temperate all year round, rarely too hot or too cold. Our 4 seasons are sun, clouds, fog, and rain. And sometimes we have them all in the same day. But never snow. Except once when I was in sixth grade, and then it melted as soon as it hit the ground. But it was nice watching it fall.
So I am moving to a four-season climate. Four actual seasons. I can handle summer, and I would like to think I can handle winter. I guess I'm about to find out. Say a prayer...

1 comment:

Faythe said...

I hope that the passes are clear when you drive up! Are you going over Snoqualmie Pass, or through Eastern Oregon? I guess it doesn't really matter, because apparently it's snowing in Oregon, too. I wish you the best of luck, and I do have Jennifer's phone number, and she has mine as well. Can't wait to meet you, once you get up here safe and sound.