Thursday, March 02, 2006

Random Blatherings

Random Blathering #1
On Tuesday I was at Costco eating a cheap lunch with Leo and there were these 2 old ladies sitting next to me talking about banks. Now, those of you who have known me a long time know that my career was banking, first at Crocker Bank then at Wells Fargo, which bought out Crocker in 1986. So these old ladies are talking and one of them mentions Crocker Bank, which has been gone for 20 years now. So I say, I couldn't help but overhear you mention Crocker Bank, I used to work there way back when. And she says, I was born in 1918 in San Francisco, and I always banked at Crocker Bank. Then she proceeds to show me her keys, and there is a Crocker Bank keyring! So I pull out my keys, and there is the same keyring! What a trip, what are the odds of that happening?? We both sort of went whoa, then wow, then they left. It was totally cool! I would have loved to sit down with that lady, born in SF 12 years after the great earthquake, I'll bet she has some great stories.



Random Blathering #2
I went to the doctor today and found out that I now have high blood pressure and I have to go on medication for it. Thanks Mom for passing that Hypertension Gene on to me, my sister has it too.

Random Blathering #3
Leo and I are driving to Spokane in 9 days. I am getting excited about staying in my new house and being able to sort of do a test drive of living in it. I can't wait to go grocery shopping and actually cook up there. I also can't wait to go to Fred Meyer. The first time we visited the Northwest, I became so enamored of Fred Meyer stores that my kids were saying Fred Meyer is Mom's new boyfriend.

ok that's it I'll go to bed now.

No comments: