Sunday, January 06, 2008

Three Posts In One

1) ICICLES ARE BITCHIN!
When we got back from California it had been snowing and there were icicles on almost every house. Even on my house! Some houses had long rows of perfectly uniform icicles but not my house, we had a giant mutant icicle:




They are so cool!!

2) THE BEST CHRISTMAS GIFT THAT I GOT

When I was at my sister's in CA we were talking about I don't remember what when all of a sudden she says "Hey, I have Mom's mother's ring, do you want it?" I said "YEAH I WANT IT!" My mom wore that ring every day, it is the only ring I remember her wearing when I was growing up. I had forgotten all about it, I mean, my mom's been gone 11 years now. So I got it, the band was broken at the bottom and there were some prongs missing around the stones, but I was so happy to have it that I wore it the rest of the trip and the day after I got back I took it to Pounder's Jewelry to have it repaired. I got it back yesterday and it is so beautiful!



It was really hard to get a good picture of it but if you click to make the pics bigger the ring looks better. It is a simple ring with three stones, ruby for my sister's birthday in July, peridot for my brother's August birthday and sapphire for me in September.




I am so happy to have this memento of my mom, I will wear it every day just like she did.

3) 1/3 OF A TREE IS BETTER THAN NO TREE AT ALL

This morning when I woke up we had gotten a lot of snow overnight. It was sticking to the tree branches and all piled up on even the smallest twigs. Now that 2/3 of my tree is gone, I can see more of the trees on the next block, and they are really pretty right now.





Blossom thinks so too.

No comments: