Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thoughts On Winter

Before I moved up to Spokane from CA, I was worried about winter. Being from Monterey, I had never experienced any real weather to speak of, and my fear was of the unknown. So when I had my first winter up here, which was last winter, it was a piece of cake! I'm so glad that last winter was as mild as it was, because it eased me into this year--a real winter! December was the snowiest one since like the sixties. We have had a LOT of snow. And it just accumulates because the temperature never gets above freezing. Currently it is five big degrees outside. And the forecast for this weekend calls for 3 to 6 inches of snow, and the upside to that is that it's going to be "warmer", as they call it -- 26 degrees! I will try to post pictures this weekend, as it is hard to take pictures during the week because it is dark when I get home from work at 5:15 pm.

Now, I am not complaining (too much), I am just stating the facts. I still love it up here and I am still enamored with weather of all kinds. However, I know that another season is coming and I am starting to wish that Mother Nature would just get to it!

1 comment:

marrusso said...

Karla-
I wanna see the snow! I'll check back later. Nice hearing from you.
Joe