Thursday, August 10, 2006
My Kids Are Gone
Well I put the boys on a plane this morning for California. They are going to be gone for 11 days. This will be the most time I have ever spent by myself since they were born. I am not looking forward to it, but I have made a list of things to accomplish while they are away, that way I won't just sit around in my nightgown and cry for 11 days, maybe only a couple of days. Some of the things on my list are:
1) Get the cars washed. That should take all of half an afternoon.
2) Get the cars oil changed. There's the other half.
3) Go to Green Bluff and pick some fruit or flowers. This would be more fun to do with someone, any volunteers?
4) Finish putting together the office/craft room. That way I can start calling it the craft room and quit calling it the crap room.
5) Go to TJ Maxx. Enough said.
6) Wash Max's clothes and hang them up in his closet. But only as a last resort if I'm desperate.
So, for now I'm going to refer to my house as the Fortress of Solitude, at least until the 20th, when I am hosting the August edition of the Sunday Night Supper Club. Please feel free to email or call me anytime!