Saturday, August 12, 2006

Joining the Ranks

Yesterday morning I wrote in the previous post that I had 2 job interviews to go to. Well I went, and by 5:30 pm I had a job offer which I accepted. I am now an employee of a company called Scafco, they manufacture grain silos and steel studs for construction. I start Monday. I hope I'm ready, it has been awhile since I've done office work, I'm hoping it will all come back to me like riding a bike. Wish me luck!

This morning Faythe and I went out to Greenbluff and split a box of absolutely beautiful peaches, but what do you do with 20 huge peaches when it's just you at home?
1) Give six peaches to Steve and Sara.
2) Make peach salsa.
3) Make a peach smoothie tonight.
4) Eat peaches and cream for breakfast tomorrow.

Have a peachy weekend, Lord knows I will!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Karla,

COngrats on your job. Guess Ephram will have to wait til your next vacation to see you. Or maybe we will meet up with you somewhere else or in WA. I think I want to go to that Target. Texas Target doesn't seem to have the same service as WA Target. In fact at Christmas time I needed someone to move something with one of those flatbed carts and the guy who helped me looked at me as if he were truly dazed and confused. His eyes were so squinted I am surprised he even saw me standing there.

We miss you all and are enjoying your chronicles.

Kim

jennifer n said...

Congratulations on your new job Karla!