Friday, May 26, 2006

Dream Come True Part 2

We are in escrow!

Now, if you are familiar with this story then you know about how I came to own my home in Spokane. I totally believe it was a God thing. I also believe that He wouldn't work one half out so perfectly and not work out the other half, which is me selling my house here in Monterey. I knew it would work out and the house would sell eventually, but I had been praying that the house sell would work out so perfectly that again I would have no doubt that God had a hand in it. So a couple of weeks ago I stepped out in faith and reserved a date to get the moving van. I had decided that whether the house sold or not, that I was moving on June 26th, and the rest would have to be up to God. I always had enough money in my savings to get me through until I moved, however I had not anticipated buying a house in Spokane so soon and paying 2 mortgages for the past six months. So now I have depleted my savings and I was looking at having to borrow money to get by, which I really did not want to do. I worked really hard at trying not to worry about the money and I was mostly successful because I felt that no matter what happened that God was in control. So I just did my part in keeping my house clean for showings and open houses. At the last open house when Dolly did her thing with the rat I felt kind of spiritually defeated for a day but got over it pretty quick. Then this week I got not one but two offers on the house, one was much lower than I could accept, but the other one was pretty close. We countered and they came up to the exact price I determined I needed months ago when I first started the sellng process. These buyers are highly qualified, there are NO contingencies, and they want a 30 day escrow. So today we go into escrow and I will get my money on June 26th, yes, the day we are supposed to leave here. The timing could not be more perfect. That's because it is God's timing.

I know there are people out there who say that it would have happened the way it did anyway, and they are probably right. However, I am a believer in God and use the tenets of my faith to guide me in my life. I am not one of those crazy fundamentalists, who I believe give us Christians a bad name. I'm also not one to evangelize, you will never hear me pushing Jesus on you. But God has done a lot of really cool things in my life and if you want to know more just ask me.

No comments: