Thursday, May 25, 2006

Didn't know I would miss it until today

Max is graduating high school next Friday. After the graduation we are having the family over for what I'm sure is the last get-together we will have in the family home. Max asked for cake from
Rosine's
. They have the most decadent desserts around. They are a family owned restaurant here and have a very loyal local following because everything they make is fabulous. Anyway when I was ordering the cakes I got to chatting with one of the daughters, I'm not sure which one but I went to high school with her sister I think. We were talking about how much Monterey has changed and how expensive it all is now. They are having trouble finding wait staff and kitchen workers because people can't afford to live on those wages anymore, they have to work more than one job nowadays. It's a shame. We were saying that we don't see what all the fuss is about Monterey, yes it's pretty and by the ocean but should that mean that only the rich can afford to live here? Most of my friends I grew up with have already moved, I'm one of the last ones to go. She congratulated me on my courage and wished me well. I wish her and her family well too. I will miss Rosine's.



I think I will have to have the Eggs Benedict one more time before I go.

No comments: