Sunday, October 28, 2007

Weekend Wrap-Up

1) Yesterday Faythe and I made the rounds, to Costco, where I am pleased to say I ordered new not-for-work glasses, then to The Pop Shoppe (yay, pop!), Cassano's Italian Market (yay, meatballs!), and finally to Holy Threads (YAY, YARN!!). Faythe's boyfriend Ryan hates me because he says I am a bad infuence in the yarn buying department. He said I took Faythe to Holy Threads but I maintain that I took myself there, and that Faythe just happened to be in the car.

2) Faythe invited me to her house for her famous fried chicken, so I made the Cassano's meatballs for the boys and went over there for dinner. Ryan was possessive of the chicken because there were only 24 drumsticks (ONLY 24 for four people, please!) but he didn't have to worry because I only ate 3 of them. He is just lucky I didn't bring the boys! After dinner we watched the Big Joe Polka Show, which is always a good time. Thanks Faythe for having me over.

3) Yesterday I found out that Robert Plant and Alison Krauss have released a new CD called Raising Sand. I had a gift card for Hastings that the boys had given to me for my birthday, so I got it today. It's great! Robert Plant sings soft and sweet, quite a departure from his Led Zeppelin days, I like it.

4) Yesterday afternoon Leo was laying on the couch and our cat Grace was laying on him. She jumped off because she heard me in the kitchen, so I told Leo that Grace was fickle. Leo got a funny look on his face and said "Doesn't that mean poop?" I said no and he said "yes it does, fecal means poop!" That got a big laugh out of me. I can see how he mixed up those two words, they sound alike but boy are they different!

5) This afternoon we are watching The Karate Kid with Daniel-san and Mr. Miyagi. Wax on, wax off!

No comments: