Saturday, June 25, 2005

I have a free evening!

Leo is going to a sleepover and Max is spending the night over at his dad's, so I get a night off. A whole night off, all the way thru to morning, is extremely rare. So I decided to take full advantage of it. I'm going to get some boxes from behind a store and use them to pack up all the stuff for the neighborhood-wide yard sale that is coming at the end of July.
I enjoy working at night. It seems like more fun somehow. I don't feel like I'm wasting precious daylight and pleasant temperatures on drudgery.
I have to be ruthless in my sorting out what stays and what goes. I do not want to pay to have a bunch of useless stuff moved to Washington next year. I only want to take things that are useful or meaningful. If I haven't made a Bundt cake in 15 years, I think it's probably time to get rid of the Bundt pan.
I have also become somewhat less sentimental over things in general, therefore the electric grill my grandma gave me 25 years ago that I never use should probably go as well. But I don't know. I have kept it all these years because it was hers, she gave it to me out of her kitchen. The quilted plastic cover for it is torn and stained, she must have grilled a lot of stuff on it for her and my grandpa who died when I was 4. You can't just replace those memories with a Lean Mean Fat Grillin Machine, you know?

Scratch the part about being less sentimental. This is going to be a long night.

No comments: