Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Nothin' From Nothin'

Leaves nothin', to quote Billy Preston. And that's what's been happening in my life. I mean, there's the nothing you can write about, and then there's NOTHING. As in, I woke up, went to work, came home, ate, watched a little tv and fell asleep. Multiply that by the past week or so and you have my life. But I will try to wring a little something out of that.

1) I did housework on Sunday. I used the principle of bracketology
to figure out which chores I liked the least, and did those first. It actually worked, and I got a lot of crappy stuff done that needed to be done. Like vacuuming. I have lived a long time, and one of the perks of living to the age of 45 should be that you don't have to vacuum anymore. Plus, I feel bad about all the swearing I do while vacuuming, especially on Sunday. I have a theory about a PMS-vacuuming connection, but that could be just an excuse. Anyway, it was a fairly productive day.

2) Spring is coming! The tree in my backyard is getting leaf buds on it, hopefully things will be green soon. Plans are to plant fuschias in hanging baskets this weekend, and also start my tomato seeds, which was the one thing I did not do on Sunday.

That's about it. Today was a crappy day, my kids were unkind to each other and to me also. So I'm going to bed now in the hopes that tomorrow will be better.

No comments: