Saturday, March 17, 2007

Best (and Longest) Parade Ever

I don't even know where to begin. Here is just a sampling of what I saw at the Spokane St. Patrick's Day Parade:

1) A medical marijuana float.
2) The Leaning Tower of Pisa.
3) A giant fez that was playing "Waterloo" by ABBA.
4) A float of porta potties by a company called American. On the side of the float was a banner that read "I'm proud to pee in American, Where at least I know it's clean!"
5) Pugs dressed in green being pushed in strollers by their owners. Also dachshunds and Irish Setters in various stages of dress.
6) A leprechaun. A real one. I swear.
7) A panda riding in a boat.
8) Every kind of vehicle you could imagine. Cement mixers, moving vans, old cars, new cars, boats, firetrucks, riding lawn mowers, tractors, buses, motorcycles, and the list goes on.
9) Ronald Mc Donald.
10) The Lilac City Roller Girls.

And that's just for starters. At just under 2 hours long, I am convinced that half of Spokane was in the parade and the other half was watching them. And since this parade is open to the community, I have decided that next year I do not want to be on the curb, but going down the street dressed in green. Here is what I propose:

An Inland Northwest Bloggers Float.

It can be done. I know some bloggers. Who know other bloggers. And so on. And so on. All we do is get a truck, decorate it, decorate ourselves, climb in the back of the truck with our laptops, and we are in the parade! I am serious, people! I know it's a year off, but you will be hearing about this from me again. Bloggers are the one group that was not represented in the parade. And if they will let the little old ladies in the red hats have a float, they will let us have one. Just think of the possibilities!
That's all I'm saying, bloggers, just think about it.

No comments: