Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Supper Club Etc.

Sunday night was July's Supper Club meeting, it was fun! Everyone brought mint dishes which, while they didn't seem overly minty while being eaten, built up in my system and caused me to be burping mint the next day. Which isn't necessarily unpleasant, just odd. Jennifer's home is everything you would imagine a modern industrial-like loft would be, very cool. And their new little dog Bruce is the cutest thing, he really does look like an Ewok. The food was delicious and everyone seemed to like the Minty Mango Salsa that I brought. I was not too crazy about it so I'm not sure if everyone was just being polite or what. We also had minty pedicures from a friend of Jennifer's who sells Body Shop products. It felt so good to put my feet in a minty cold tub of water, since outside it was over 100 degrees. I bought some products that I'm looking forward to getting soon. And the conversation was fun and wide-ranging. Next month the Supper Club comes to my house for a pasta-themed evening, I can only hope it turns out as well as the Minty one. And if having a bunch of people over doesn't motivate me to finish unpacking my boxes, I don't know what will! I am doing pretty well in that department lately, yesterday I got five boxes of office stuff unpacked, only three left to go. Sadly, those three boxes are filled with papers to file--UGH! Better get to it then, I sure don't feel like going outside, it's hot!

No comments: