So today Leo and I went to the DOL (that's the DMV for all you California people) to get our enhanced driver's licenses. Leo got an ID since he is only 14. An enhanced drivers license is special because it works like a passport when you go to Canada or Mexico. And seeing how the 2010 Winter Olympics are in Canada, I thought we should be prepared. Because I have goals. Here is the list that I can remember right now.
1) Go see Curling at the Olympics. Now I know that Canadians love their curling so tickets might be hard to get. But even if I have to watch Zimbabwe play Argentina, (probably neither one of those countries have a curling team, I'm just trying to make a point) I will, just so I can see Curling at the Olympics.
2) To catch a fish. I have been fishing several times in my life and have never caught a fish. I would be happy catching a rubber boot or a tire even. So if you read this and live around here and go fishing, take me with you. Because I didn't say I wanted to buy all the fishing supplies, I just want to catch a fish.
3) To walk Bloomsday. I know that I will have to be in a lot better shape than I am in right now. My stupid hamstring has healed to the point that I can resume normal activity, so workouts will be resuming directly. I don't even really like to walk, but I love this town and this town loves Bloomsday, so I want to be a part of it. I got to be in the St. Patrick's Day parade, so I can be in Bloomsday too. Right?
4) To get on Highway 2 going east and stay on it until it ends. Which is Chicago I think. I love the road less traveled.
5) To not spend every penny I make. How nice would it be to have money left over at the end of the month? As long as I am feeding 2 teenage boys, I may never find out.
6) Also I would like to see Led Zeppelin if they reunite and tour, but I would not say that is a goal really, because it is not something I can work towards, I just have to be lucky I guess.
That is it for now. I'm sure I have other goals, but this is a good start.