Monday, September 03, 2007

Not So Happy Labor Day Weekend

So I get a phone call Saturday evening, it's from Leo, he's down the street at the park and he is screaming "I broke my wrist, I broke my wrist!" into the phone. So Max and I rush down there to pick him up and I notice that his arm is shaped like an S, that cannot be right, so we go to the emergency where they take x-rays:



Both bones in his forearm are snapped and the ER doc cannot set them, it needs to be done Sunday morning in an operating room with Leo under anesthesia. So the bones are set now, thanks to some pins they stuck in there, and Leo is feeling little pain thanks to his new pal Vicodin, which he refers to as his "dope medicine". School starts tomorrow, and we are hopeful that Leo can make it through the day with just a little dope medicine. Of course, it's his right arm that's broken, so I will be typing his homework for the forseeable future.

Then last night in the middle of the night he was stumbling around and stubbed his toe with such force that it is bent and we think it might be broken too. The good news is that it takes his mind off of his arm.

Hope you all had a better weekend than Leo!

No comments: