Sunday, May 10, 2009

Blogging Is Funny That Way

One day you decide to start a blog and you start writing stuff down, and pretty soon everything in your head runs through a "is this blogworthy?" filter. All your most meaningless and stupid thoughts are out there for everyone to see, too bad only 3 people are looking and they are your family and know all your stuff anyway.

Then you move and you use the blog to chronicle your new life in a new place that is so different from the place you were. It is all very interesting and photo worthy for about 2 years until you realize "hey, I blogged about this last year" and discover that life has settled down and there is really nothing new to report.

And then you discover Facebook, you find all your friends on it, and you find that all your desire to blog has vanished and that you can satisfy your need to be heard in one or two sentences a few times a week.

Well, that about sums it up.

This does not mean that I will never blog again, it just explains my absence here. I can be found on Facebook these days. Come be my friend! Don't worry, I will not try to send you drinks, flowers, or ghetto snacks. And I won't be informing you of my Fairy name, Mafia name, or Hip Hop name. And I will not be telling you which Buffy the Vampire Slayer character I am most like. You will just get my former blog blathering in smaller doses.

I have this other blog called Knitmare on Elm Street, which I do not post to either because someone invented Ravely which is like Facebook, only for knitters. I have toyed with the idea of revving that blog up to chronicle my adventures in knitting but as of now I am too lazy for it. Maybe with summer coming there will be more time.

So that's it for now. Hope to see you somewhere sometime. Over and out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks. Please don't send ghetto snacks.