Friday, July 08, 2005

My Values

I am taking a class at church called "Life Keys". It's all about discovering who you are, what you like, what you are good at, what God created you to be, and living all that stuff out to your full potential for God. Last night's class was about finding out what our values are. We had 51 values to choose from and had to pick our top eight. Here are mine in no specific order: Happiness, Love, Humor, Family, Religious Beliefs, Friendship, Authenticity, Financial Security. And here are the ones that I placed little or no value on: Advancement, Prestige, Power, Conformity, Competition.
So basically I do not want to get ahead in life, I just want to be myself and be happy loving God and my family and friends. But at the same time I want to be financially secure. Maybe I should start playing the lotto!

No comments: