Sunday, July 15, 2007

Last Gasp Gulp of Freedom

So yesterday there was a BBQ at Faythe's which quickly became a party with the addition of large amounts of alcohol. Before I go on, I must tell you that I am really not much of a drinker. A run-in with a bottle of M-D 20/20 when I was 14 pretty much put me off of drinking forever.
Well, until yesterday anyway.
First I was drinking fruity drinks that were apparently loaded with rum but they just tasted fruity and good so I had THREE. Oh yeah I should mention that it was 3:30 in the afternoon when I started. Then Faythe's boyfriend Ryan pulled out about 6 or so bottles of assorted scotches, cognacs and something named Cardinal Mendoza which was really good. I know because I tried them ALL, and the Cardinal TWICE. Then the subject turned to beer and Ryan broke out the last bottle of beer he had from his last homebrew session, and we all tried that. Evidently homebrewed beer has a higher alcohol content than store bought beer. It was the beer that put me over. It was 6 pm and I was shitfaced. It has been many many years since I drank that much. (I believe that last time was a Halloween party at Dick and Cesca's in the late 80's) Needless to say I stopped(mostly)after the beer and didn't get into my car until after midnight, but at about 10pm, my sober friend Jennifer drove us to a seedy karaoke bar over in Felony Flats where songs were sung (or yelled) and one more shot of Patron tequilla was consumed. Lets do the math.

RUM + SCOTCH + BRANDY + BEER + TEQUILLA = A GIANT HEADACHE.

My kids are coming home tomorrow after 4 weeks away and all I can say is Thank God, because I need supervision!

No comments: