Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The Real Estate Horror Story To End All Real Estate Horror Stories

I am mortified. Today my realtor held a brokers' open house, meaning that it's an open house for the realtors to see so they can tell their clients about the house. I do not stick around for these things, I was having coffee at Shannon's. When I get home later, there is a message on my machine from my broker to call her. Apparently while the house was full of realtors, my cat Dolly decided to come in the open front door with a rat that she had caught and proceeded to dismember and eat it in the middle of the kitchen. All four of the realtors there at the time are deathly afraid of rats, dead or alive, so they all watched the bloody feast from a distance. Then after Dolly ate the rat she was all bloody and I guess she wanted to clean up, so she jumped into the kitchen sink and sat there all bloody, cleaning herself. My broker doesn't know what to do so she calls her husband, who leaves his job to come over and clean up the rat leftovers and blood that is now not only on the floor but is on the kitchen counter and sink as well. God bless him.
I was floored, I didn't even know what to say to my broker when I called her back. But by that time she saw the humor in it and said it was the funniest thing that ever happened to her at an open house. I believe I will be sending her some flowers today.

No comments: